Wednesday 21 May 2014

CanGames and the Card Backs

CanGames was so much fun. I'm preparing for an academic conference this coming weekend, so it was a great break from the running around I'm doing right now. I ran two full games of Dungeon World using a starter (seed) scenario I wrote for the convention. We also had the latest base Encounter Deck and Useful Item Deck - printed on almost the final thickness (quality) of card stock, new backs and rounded edges (thankfully the final cards will have this done by machine instead of me using my wife's scrap booking tools!). Boy do they look sharp.

The players that came out seemed to really enjoy themselves. It was a good mix of serious and hilarious. Thank you all who came and made some memorable moments. Lily the bard in her Daisy Dukes using the power of interpretive dance still makes me chuckle. And Augustine the Paladin - you were so noble, even when the skeletal dragon had you in its mouth! Spoony the Thief, your "guys, I think I've become a vampire!" was priceless. So many great moments. We are hoping to run a few more sessions around town and all the places our summer travels take us this year.

This is the latest card back (left) we are using. It will probably get tweaked, but the cards looked a lot more professional than our original card back (which was something I threw together quickly anyway). My absolute favourite card right now is the zombie card (right). When we get funding our priority will be to make sure the art on the cards rocks!

Speaking of which, we were hoping to launch, but the reality is we are waiting on a few details (one is we're getting a developer friend to price out creating an Encounter Deck app!) so that we can make sure that we don't lose our shirts but give you the best deal we can as funding partners in this project. It is also slower because we are being very careful as to what capital we lay out before we have funding secured. We are passionate about making something that will actually enhance your gaming experience.

When I'm back, week after next, I will set up an opt-in email list which we promise will be used only once - to send you a notification when the Kickstarter goes live. We are going to have some amazing early supporter deals. You will not want to miss those.

Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment